- 34,000 square feet of community space.
- Revitalization in the University Circle neighborhood of Cleveland.
- Key component of the city’s Master Plan.
- Expansion of school outreach programs in low and moderate- income communities.
- 50,000 annual visitors, pumping vital revenue into the local economy.
- Creation of 67 construction and permanent jobs.
NCIF: $14.8 million NMTC allocation
CDFI Partner: Finance Fund
Large Bank: PNC Bank
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) has an iconic new home in the Uptown District of University Circle in Cleveland, Ohio. Uptown is a high-priority economic revitalization project in Cleveland’s University Circle neighborhood. The new MOCA has become the flagship of the new mixed-use commercial and retail urban district. MOCA’s new building provided an investment opportunity for Ohio and represented a highly visible commitment to Cleveland’s urban redevelopment. The expanded MOCA has 50,000 annual visitors has helped revitalize the neighborhood, pumping vital revenue into the local economy as visitors frequent local shopping and dining and nightlife establishments. The Museum remains committed to being a neighborhood resource for the families and organizations in the surrounding area, in particular by supplementing the visual arts education of children in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District with enriching programming and positive role models.