About Central Bank of Kansas City
Central Bank of Kansas City was chartered in August 1950 as a state banking corporation. The bank opened in March 1951 on Truman Road in Northeast Kansas City. In 1975, the bank moved to a larger facility on Independence Avenue still serving Northeast Kansas City.
We currently have two locations in Kansas City: the Main Branch at 2301 Independence Boulevard and our East location at 3740 Truman Road.
Central Bank of Kansas City has been a family-owned bank since the 1960s and has been certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 1998. The CDFI fund is part of the U.S. Treasury and its mission is to increase economic opportunity and promote community development investments for underserved populations and in distressed communities in the United States.
The owners and officers of Central Bank of Kansas City are proud to celebrate over 60 years of serving our customers and community throughout the Kansas City area.